This recipe has party right in the title! The perfect party appetizer for any crowd. The Cranberry Chimichurri adds the perfect flavors to compliment the turkey pockets. Cranberry Chimichurri can also be used as a salsa for chips.
You can easily make these ahead of time and freeze them for later consumption too!
Holiday Turkey Party Pockets with Cranberry Chimichurri was created by Kim Banick from
The Prize of Cooking. She participated in our Holiday Food Blogger Recipe Challenge and we are so glad she did, we love these party pockets.
1. Start by making the cranberry chimichurri sauce so the flavors have sometime to blend together. Add all of the cranberry chimichurri ingredients to a food processer and pulse until blended but the cranberries are still in nice small pieces. Set aside in a serving bowl.
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter and sauté the onion, celery with the dried sage for several minutes until the vegetables are translucent and tender.
3. Add in the ground turkey, 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper to the vegetables and cook the ground turkey until it is no longer pink.
4. Add in the hashbrowns, green beans and gravy. Stirring and heating through until the mixture is hot.
5. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Unroll the pie crust, cut into 4 inch circles and fill each with 1 ½ tablespoons of meat/potato mixture.
6. Pinch the circle in half and use a fork to press the dough closed. Brush each pocket with the egg wash and place on baking sheets that is lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown. Half way through the baking process, it is good to rotate the baking sheets as well as turning them around for even baking.
Arrange the turkey party pockets on a platter with the cranberry chimichurri sauce and enjoy!!