Cranberry Brownies from Scratch
2/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
6 oz. dark chocolate, chopped.
1/2 cup butter (1 stick melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup frozen cranberries (Do not thaw)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease it.
3. In a medium, microwave safe bowl, combine the chopped dark chocolate and butter. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and heat again for 30 seconds or until smooth.
4. Whisk sugar and brown sugar into chocolate and butter mix. Let sit until room temperature.
5. Add 2 eggs and whisk into chocolate mixture.
6. Add vanilla extract to chocolate mixture. Do not over-beat the batter or mix will become cake like.
7. Slowly add flour, salt, and cocoa powder to chocolate mix. Fold mixture carefully. Do not over beat the batter or mix will become cake like.
8. Add frozen cranberries and milk chocolate chips into mix.
9. Spread mixture into the 8x8 baking pan.
10. Bake for 30 minutes. Bake longer if necessary.
11. Let Cranberry Brownies cool completely before cutting and serving.