Cape Cod Select
It started with the popular question “why can’t I have fresh cranberries year-round?” and it was a great question. In 2009 Cindy Rhodes founded Cape Cod Select, the retail face for the Edgewood Bogs Cranberry Growers. Cape Cod Select set out to be different, to change the cranberry market. There were two basic goals; Provide the public with “Cranberries for All Seasons”, and make them THE BEST quality on the market. But how could an independent grower break into a market controlled by a billion dollar company? The answer is by doing things a little different. Here is what we did:
- Focus On Quality
- Use fruit that is grown to the highest standards in the industry.
- Use only one source, so we always know where our fruit comes from
- Build a State-Of-The-Art cleaning/sorting facility
- Use over 75 years of experience
- Cranberries For All Seasons
- Available year round - not just for the holidays
- Fresh Frozen - Same Fresh Product frozen at the peak of freshness
- Keep Prices Down
- Grow, Harvest, Process, & Market ourselves – no middleman
- Solar Powered Facilities reduce costs
- Look into every way to become more efficient
- Keep Our Values
- Family owned & run for over 75 years
- Always keep the environment in mind
- Food Safety is Key - Never put a customer in danger
- Employee appreciation - Make a great place to work
- Stand behind our products
By using these standards and always looking to go above and beyond, we deliver to you the best products on the market! Still don’t believe were the best? Open up a bag and let us know what you think, or schedule a tour!
About Our Grower
Cape Cod Select and Edgewood Bogs (the sole supplier for Cape Cod Select) are owned & operated by the Rhodes Family. Edgewood Bogs LLC is a 4th generation independent cranberry grower with over 800 acres of producing bog and associated support land in Southeastern Massachusetts, the heart of "Cranberry Country", and the same place cranberry farming began in the early 1800’s.
Edgewood Bogs is committed to producing a superior cranberry product for both the U.S. and export markets. Over the past several years more than 70% of our bogs have been renovated with hybrid vines to further insure our buyers of a premium quality berry. Cutting edge technologies allow us to be more efficient, sustainable, and environmentally friendly.
As the first United States grower to achieve EUREPGAP Certification, we can assure you that our cranberries are grown to very stringent standards following an extensive set of compliance points. EUREPGAP (now GLOBALGAP) is a private sector body that sets voluntary standards for the certification of agricultural products around the globe.
We adhere to strict guidelines for traceability, record keeping, production, harvest, worker health and welfare, along with environmental issues. The end product is a premier quality cranberry. Edgewood Bogs & Cape Cod Select consistently receive top scores on all audits and certifications simply because we believe in leading the cranberry industry in proper practice and quality products.